- Slips, trips and falls
- Unsuitable clothing and/or footwear for prevailing conditions
- Falling trees and branches
- Participants should be aware that paths may be uneven, and muddy and/or slippery after rain or frost.
- Participates should wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the time of year and the prevailing conditions, e.g. stout shoes.
- Participants should avoid situations which may be more hazardous, e.g. after heavy rain, in windy conditions in woodlands, or at times of day such as late evening, when visibility is likely to be poor.